Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Art Gallery mayhem

I arrive at an art gallery and believe it is near to the Interactive Arts degree show. I have dropped out of the course but at the same time have something to show. I cannot be bothered looking for a reserved space because I cannot be bothered to look. There are other students/artists putting finishing off work. I stop by a display and start putting up small stickers in a random pattern around a corner of one of the displays. I look left and can hear and intuitively see that the display to my left is based on 2001 the film with astronauts and spacecraft.

I have a square cut from A4 size paper and open it out to see a pattern drawn around the corners creating sections of a flattened mobius strip. However two of the curves are the wrong way around. Maybe its this that is creating the illusion of an extra twist. This I begin to place at the edge of the space display. I know that I'm using someone else's space and interfering with their artwork but go ahead with this anyway.

I also remember a dream where I have an argument with my Mum (forgotten the content). She walks out of the room. I apologise quietly and then next time I see her I see that she does not look like the Mum I remember. She is younger, with thicker hair and more forgiving.

Interpretations - I'm trying to overcome laziness. I am trying to get noticed (the art) and am using methods that are too sneaky for real life. This indicates that I need to get myself out there and may need to use methods that may upset other people or delight them. Things may not work smoothly but this dream indicates the requirement for effort and creativity.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home